This 5-day course with extended hours explores the development opportunities with Microsoft’s most recent release of SharePoint 2007. The first half of the course focuses on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS) where you will learn how to develop fundamental WSS building blocks such as Features, application pages, site pages, Web Parts, custom list types, site columns, content types, custom workflows and site definitions. The second half of the course focuses on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS). You will learn how to assemble and configure business solutions by using and extending the portal and web content management features of MOSS as well as other server-side services such as the Business Data Catalog, Forms Services, Excel Services and Report Center.
Attendees should have professional development experience with Visual Studio 2005, the .NET framework and ASP.NET as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel. It is also recommended (but not required) that attendees have a background with the previous version of Windows SharePoint Services V2 and have experience working directly with XML files in Visual Studio 2005.
This course is designed for professional developers and system architects with professional development experience.
At the end of this Course the student will be able to:
- SharePoint's Architecture and Developing Features
- Page Design and Provisioning
- Page Design and Site Branding
- Web Part Development and AJAX Web Parts
- List and Content Types
- Document Libraries
- Creating and Testing Site Definitions
- Forms Services with InfoPath 2007
- Developing SharePoint Workflows with Visual Studio
- Extending Portal and Search in SharePoint Server
- Web Content Management
- The Business Data Catalog
- Excel Services and Business Intelligence
- SharePoint Application Security
- Visual Studio Extensions for Office 2nd Edition