SharePoint 2007 Essentials provides each student with SharePoint expert-led instruction on how to plan for a successful implementation of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007). SharePoint 2007 Essentials explains the differences between SharePoint Portal Server 2003 (SPS 2003) and SharePoint Server 2007 through detailed explanations of SharePoint 2007’s new features. Key SharePoint 2007 feature groups covered include Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Content Management and Enterprise Search.
Supplemental labs, demonstrating the new features of SharePoint 2007, will accelerate each student’s understanding of MOSS 2007. SharePoint 2007 Essentials' significant hands-on labs will demonstrate to each student, through annotated step-by-step instructional screenshots, the key issues involved when implementing a SharePoint portal. The planning, design and architecture phases of a successful implementation are discussed through practical examples. SharePoint 2007 Essentials course labs also highlight the potential problems that can occur during an implementation and showcase which best practices to employ when implementing MOSS 2007.
Intermediate SharePoint 2007
or their equivalents are recommended but not required. SharePoint 2007 Essentials is not an introductory course and students should have an understanding of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007's features. Students should have an understanding of Web Portal administration including: DNS, IIS, Active Directory and Networking.
SharePoint 2007 Essentials is targeted to anyone who is responsible for installing and maintaining a SharePoint 2007 server farm. This includes SharePoint administrators, network administrators, architects, designers, and planners.
At the end of this Course the student will be able to:
- Know what the key SharePoint 2007 features are for the:
- Collaboration feature group
- Portals feature group
- Enterprise Content management group
- Enterprise Search
- Understand how to install a basic SharePoint 2007 web farm
- Understand the components that make up a SharePoint web farm
- Know how to configure a Shared Services Provider
- Know the Portal Templates provided and understand their key uses
- Understand the design tradeoffs for Portal hierarchy layout
- Know Portal security administration
- Know the Portal web initiated customizations available
- Know how to apply the document library features to business
- Know how workflows work in SharePoint
- Know the search options available in SharePoint
- Be able to confidently implement a SharePoint solution